Active4Today administer two funding streams on behalf of Newark and Sherwood District Council:
- Coach and Official Development
- Special Events and Projects
We also offer free access at our leisure centres to athletes through the Talented Individual scheme.
Coach and Official Development
This fund has been designed to reduce the cost of obtaining a coaching or officiating qualification. Applicants can apply for up to 50% towards the course fee and individuals are only eligible for a maximum of £150 in a year.
All application forms must be received before you attend any course. Funding will not be awarded to anyone that has already attended the coaching/officiating course. The grant will be awarded on proof of successful completion of the course, with evidence of attendance required. The applicant must be a resident of Newark and Sherwood or volunteer within the district. Please consult the guidance notes or contact the Sports Development team if you have any queries.
- Coach and Official Development Grant Application Form (PDF File, 341kb)
- Coach and Official Development Guidance (PDF File, 431kb)
- If you are unsure if your club has achieved or are working towards Clubmark/club accreditation you can view the full list on the Clubmark website.
- If you are attached to a sports club/community group it must be registered on the club finder section of the Sports Nottinghamshire website.
- All coaches must be registered on the Nottinghamshire Coaching Database through Nottinghamshire County Council. There are a number of benefits for being on the database including information on coaching employment, courses, useful resources and assistance with developing a coaching CV.
- To sign up to the database please contact Sport Nottinghamshire on 0115 848 3469 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Events and Projects
Do you want to set up a new junior coaching session for new or existing players?
Do you want to host an event that will promote your club/sport?
Sports clubs that are based in the district can apply to Newark and Sherwood District Council through Active4Today for funding to support activities that will increase participation and raise the profile of sport in the area. A maximum of £1500 will be awarded and projects will not be funded retrospectively.
- Special Projects and Events Grant Application Form (PDF File, 252kb)
- Special Projects and Events Guidance (PDF File, 329kb)
If you are considering applying for the fund, please contact the Sports Development team on 01636 655701 or e-mail email@example.com
We provide free access passes to one of our leisure centres for talented individuals who are members of national training squads. Applicants must be a permanent resident of Newark and Sherwood, a current member of a National training squad at the date of application, and compete and represent in competitions for their country.
- Talented Individuals Free Access Pass Application Form (PDF File, 430kb)
- Talented Individuals Guidance and FAQ's (PDF File, 338kb)
The scheme has supported the following athletes over the last twelve months:
- Ella Hughes- Athletics
- Archie Raynor- Athletics
- Isabel Darvill- Cycling
- Amy Hunt- Athletics
- Edmund Howlett- Fencing
- Jess Weaver- Rugby Union
The following dates are the deadlines for all applications. Any applications received after 5pm on the date will be deferred to the next panel.
- Friday 7 April 2017
- Friday 7 July 2017
- Friday 6 October 2017
In recent years we have assisted the following local sports clubs:
- Collingham Tennis Club
- Newark Town Bowls
- Nottingham Piscatorial Society
- Farndon Colts Football Club
- Blidworth Colliery Welfare Cricket Club
Sportivate is a £32 million national project that aims to get more 14-25s regularly participating in sporting activities.
They will be looking to support and develop projects that will engage with and stimulate 14-25 year olds who don't currently participate in sport or exercise. Sport Nottinghamshire are expecting to fund a wide range of activities across the country, targeting all sections of the community.
The funding available can help pay for coaches, equipment, venue costs, marketing or coach education. Sportivate will fund 6 sessions after which there must be an opportunity for participants to continue with the activity.
For more information, please contact Sports Development on 01636 655701 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Councillor's Divisional Fund Awards
Contact your local county councillor to find out more about how they might be able to support worthy initiatives in the area