Active4Today are pleased to offer five grant aid schemes to residents of Newark and Sherwood.
- Talented Individuals
- Coach and Official Development
- Kit Sponsorship
- Club Development/Project
- Community Engagement
We provide free access passes to one of our leisure centres for talented individuals who are members of national training squads. Applicants must be a permanent resident of Newark and Sherwood, a current member of a National training squad at the date of application, and compete and represent in competitions for their country.
Coach and Official Development
This fund has been designed to reduce the cost of obtaining a coaching or officiating qualification. Applicants can apply for up to 50% towards the course fee and individuals are only eligible for a maximum of £150 in a year.
All application forms must be received before you attend any course. Funding will not be awarded to anyone that has already attended the coaching/officiating course. The grant will be awarded on proof of successful completion of the course, with evidence of attendance required. The applicant must be a resident of Newark and Sherwood or volunteer within the district. Please consult the guidance notes or contact the Sports Development team if you have any queries.
If you are unsure if your club has achieved or are working towards Clubmark/club accreditation you can view the full list on the Clubmark website.
Applications are welcomed from all junior age groups from age U7 to U16 as well as any team that is providing opportunities for disabled people and playing competitively.
Each team will receive sponsorship as part of a 3 year deal that must include:
- Junior kit with Active4Today logo clearly placed on the front of all shirts
- Banner (supplied by Active4Today) advertising around the home ground/pitch (road side/ club house/grounds - different sizes available to suit location)
- Acknowledgment of sponsorship on team/club promotions and publicity
- Using social media (tagging in) Active4Today on posts relating to the team/club
- Email in a yearly update report on the team/club so we can celebrate your successes and provide support for your team/club development.
- Team cannot apply again for 3 years
- Winner announced via a draw on social media live – annually – end of July each year.
APPLICATIONS FOR KIT SPONSORSHIP ARE REVIEWED ON AN ANNUAL BASIS, NEXT DEADLINE IS 30TH JUNE 2023.
There are 2 awards per year, up to £1000 awards for a project up to 12 months in length.
- The award supports the organisation to contribute towards a one off sports project/event with the aim to improve access (infrastructure or offering) to sport within the Newark and Sherwood District.
- Sustainability is important to us. For your Development/Project Award to be successful you must show how you plan to ensure future events or your project will be self-sustaining.
The fund is open to voluntary sports clubs that are based in Newark and Sherwood and are ‘not for profit’. They must also have a constitution and a separate bank account held in the name of the group. Commercial and statutory organisations are ineligible.
Applications are welcomed from organisations that have received funding from us before. The amount awarded will be up to a maximum of £1000.
Community Engagement Award
There are 6 awards of £250 per year. These smaller grants will support club open door events or the start-up of new sessions within the club structure. The main aim of this award is to increase engagement in district wide sports/physical activity sessions.
Increasing participation in sport and physical activity is important to us. For your Community Engagement Award to be successful you must show the need for the open door/new session to take place.
Grant application dates are Sunday 5th March 2023, Sunday 2nd July 2023 adn Sunday 29th October 2023. Any applications received after 5pm on the date specified will be deferred to the next panel.
Frequently Asked Questions and Further Information
If you are considering applying for the fund, please contact the Sports Development team on 01636 655780 or e-mail email@example.com
Newark Youth Trust
Newark Youth Trust offers grants or loans to any charitable organisations whose objects are for the benefit of young persons. Newark Youth Trust is only allowed to make grants to organisations for young people and in particular for the benefit of their education, recreation and leisure, and with the object of improving their conditions of life. So if you are a local youth group or sports team looking for funding for kit or equipment get in touch.
Councillor's Divisional Fund Awards
Contact your local county councillor to find out more about how they might be able to support worthy initiatives in the area